MARCH 1-6, 2019
From $6999, in the best hotel in the city!
Rio's Carnival (spelled Carnaval in Portuguese) is perhaps the world's most famous celebration. Carnival is a spectacular time to come to Rio de Janeiro, especially for gay travelers! There are several gay festivals including one in front of our hotel, and people joke that everyone seems a little gay during carnival!
Experience the unmatched beauty and charm of this famous city, as well as its friendly, captivating people, known as Cariocas. Located between the mountains and sea, Rio de Janeiro is a tropical urban resort that offers delicious cuisine, terrific shopping, and stunning scenery. The beaches are loaded with eye candy as far as the eye can see, and the night scene explodes with some of the best venues and music in the world.
During Carnival, in addition to gay pool parties and large dance events, you can also join street festivals and parades all over the city; and there is an attitude of good will and harmony that pervades everything.
This trip combines the perfect hotel, exclusive Zoom events, Zoom Concierge services, plus plenty of free time to give you a vacation that is fabulous, fun, safe, and customized to your specific interests. Let Zoom Vacations® treat you to the vacation of your dreams in stunning Rio de Janeiro!
• A welcome cocktail reception and sumptuous Brazilian dinner
• 5 nights accommodations at the luxury famous Copacabana Palace Hotel, one of Rio's icons
• A helicopter tour of Sugarloaf and Corcovado, with a fantastic buffet lunch with unbeatable views
• We have upgraded the hotel experience to the 5 star Copacabana Palace, a legendary icon in Rio that is a destination in and of itself.
• Private sunrise breakfast on Corcovado, so that you can see The Christ and all of Rio before the general public arrives later that morning
• Excellent tickets to the not-to-be-missed Sambadromo Carnaval Parade
• Arrival transfer in luxury vehicle
• A hearty Brazilian Buffet Breakfast daily
• All transfers to Zoom Vacations® events
• Services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip
• Rio de Janeiro gay survival guide, complete with information on nightlife, restaurants, beaches, shopping, and much more
• Optional Sambadrome (Sambodromo) tickets. We can even arrange for you to dance in costume in the parade--an amazing experience you will never forget
• Optional excursions such as hang-gliding, Favela tour, Tijuca Forest, Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, and Samba party tickets
• Optional private tour of Brazil's imperial city, Petropolis, located in the mountains near Rio, where the King of Portugal and Emperor of Brazil would summer with his entire court
• Advance ticket purchase options for the best dance events of the week, exclusively for Zoom Vacations® travelers
• All this and more . . . Exclusively for Zoom Vacations® travelers
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 773.772.9666.
Gay Friendly, Luxury Accommodations
Belmond Copacabana Palace - Rio de Janeiro
This Belmond property is one of the most glamorous landmark hotels Rio de Janeiro has to offer. Since its Art-Deco doors swung open i 1923, the Copacabana Palace has welcomed the rich and famous. A truly iconic hotel on the doorstep of Copacabana Beach, allows you the fortune of soaking up the sun at your leisure. Or head to the hotel’s amazing restaurants, whether you crave local Carioca dishes or fine Italian, they have it all!
Air: Airfare not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank visa pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Note: Passport pages titled "Endorsement Pages" are not visa pages.
Visas: Please note that currently US citizens must have a Brazilian Visa to enter Brazil. If you are not a US citizen, please contact your nearest Brazilian Consulate to determine your visa requirements.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
For more information on entry and exit requirements, see here.