May 9-19, 2019
ELEVEN DAYS From $5999
Affectionately referred to as the heel of Italy’s “boot,” Puglia is known for its whitewashed hill towns, ancient farmland, delicious cuisine, and hundreds of miles of Mediterranean coastline.
It is in Puglia where one can achieve the “old world” experience one often sees in movies. The pasta at even the most casual restaurants is handmade, wines are crafted with pride and care, the mozzarella is perfection, and thousand year old olive groves create olives, the likes of which you may not have ever tasted.
And Puglia certainly doesn’t have a shortage of sights. One of the most beautiful towns is Lecce, known as “Florence of the South” for its baroque architecture, will surely be one of your highlights, as well as Alberobello and the Itria Valley, home to the fairytale-like “trulli,” stone huts with distinctive conical roofs.
Finally, we leave Puglia for neighboring Matera, a city on a rocky outcrop in the region of Basilicata, best knows for its cave dwellings carved into the mountainside.
• Fully escorted with the services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip
• 4 nights at TENUTA MONACELLE
• 1 night at BORGO EGNAZIA
• 4 nights at PATRIA PALACE HOTEL (Lecce)
• 1 night at SEXTANTIO GROTTE DELLA CIVITA (Matera)
• private coach service for the entire tour + driver (including his overnights)
• private tour with English speaking guide where specified
• Final party with local folkloristic group at Tenuta Monacelle
• All “tastings” mentioned in the program
• Lunch in Alberobello/Locorotondo
• Boat tour of the marines caves around Polignano a Mare
• Lunch at “Grotta Palazzese”
• Lunch at “Tormaresca Bocca di Lupo”
• Lunch and dinner in Lecce (or dinner in Minervino di Lecce at the famous “Origano”)
• Private FD boat trip around Otranto Coast
• Cooking class in an historical Villa in Casarano
• Dinner in a typical Cave restaurant in Matera
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 773.772.9666.
Gay Friendly, Luxury Accommodations
Borgo Egnazia is located in the heart of Puglia, immersed among the ancient olive groves of the Itria valley and only steps away from the crystal blue Adriatic sea of Savelletri. Every room contains either a super king-sized bed or two separate beds, stone bathrooms, and either a balcony or a private garden.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank visa pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Note: Passport pages titled "Endorsement Pages" are not visa pages.
Visas: Please note that currently US citizens do not need a visa to enter Italy. If you are not a US citizen, please contact your nearest Argentine Consulate to determine your visa requirements.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.