This trip is led by Zoom Vacations' dedicated Indian concierge.
India's beauty and diversity will enrich you with her culture, stun you with her modernity, embrace you with her warmth, and overwhelm you with her hospitality…
Our Zoom Vacation combines the ultimate luxury with seamless exploration of one of the world's most fascinating countries. You will stay in the absolute best hotels and palaces in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur), including the legendary Lake Palace, among others.
Of course one of your highlights will be visiting the Taj Mahal. For centuries, the Taj Mahal has inspired poets, painters and musicians to try and capture its elusive magic in word, color and song. Since the 17th century, travelers have crossed continents to come and see this ultimate memorial to love; few have been unmoved by its incomparable beauty.
Since all the guestrooms at our ultra-luxury 5 star hotel in Agra enjoy unparalleled views of the Taj Mahal, we give the Taj ample time to leave its effect on you.
Zoom Vacations® Was featured in an International Herald Tribune article about gay travel to India.
Gay Tour Highlights
• Accommodations at the finest 5 star hotels and palaces in India
• Services of a Zoom Concierge throughout your trip. This trip is being hosted by Zoom Vacations co-owner Joel Cabrera
• Services of an accompanying English speaking local Indian tour guide for the entire duration of the itinerary
• Private arrival and departure airport transfers
• Buffet breakfast daily and lunch almost daily in exclusive forts, palaces and country settings
• Cocktail reception and welcome dinner in Mumbai in a modern setting
• Cruise and Tour of Elephanta Island
• Taste of Mumbai city tour, including Dhobi Ghat and Jane Temple
• Evening tour of Varanasi by rickshaw followed by a cruise on the Ganges River
• Professionally guided tour of the Sarnath’s temples and Archeological Museum of Buddhist art treasures in Varanasi, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the 11th Century Qutab Minar Tower in Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, and other sites of interest in Delhi, including entrance fees
• Rickshaw ride through the streets and markets of Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of the Mahatma Ghandi Memorial in Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of the 16th Century abandoned city near Delhi, including entrance fees
• Train journey from Delhi to Agra
• Professionally guided tour of the magnificent Red Fort in Agra, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the Taj Mahal in Agra, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of Jaipur, known as the "Pink City”, including a rickshaw visit to a bird sanctuary showcasing an astonishing range of flora and fauna
• Unique village visit and walking tour near Jaipur
• Private elephant safari in a beautiful country setting followed by brunch in Jaipur
• Visit to the Amber Fort and Professionally guided tour of the Maharajah’s City Palace in Jaipur, including entrance fees. Elephant ride is based on availability.
• Professionally guided tour of the Jodhpur including entrance fees to the incredible sites in the Blue City
• Visit the magnificent Mehrangarh fort which dominates the town ringed with its massive protective walls.
• Tour the ancient trading town of Osian
• Tour smaller villages near Jodhpur by camel
• Enjoy a sensational BBQ dinner in a camel camp in the dessert near Jodhpur, while enjoying local folk entertainment.
• Professionally guided tour of Udaipur, known as the Venice of the East
• Private decorated boat cruise on Udaipur’s stunning Lake Pichola with views of old walled city, palaces and ancient temples
• Professionally guided tour of the City Palace and a private viewing of its Crystal Gallery (the largest in the world) in Udaipur, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the 11th Century ruins and the a 15th Century complex of 108 temples near Udaipur
• Farewell cocktails and evening event in Udaipur in a regal setting
• Professionally Guided shopping excursions. Find incredible rugs, beautiful textiles, hand-carved marble items, and more
• Much, much more! Contact us for more information
Zoom Vacations® uses only India's Finest 5+ Star Accommodations including the Lake Palace and Amarvilas. Each hotel has been selected based on the following 5 criteria:
• Quality (only 5 star or better)
• Attention to detail
Without exception, our hotel selections in India are unlike any in the world. It is fun simply watching guests walk into each of these hotels, as jaw-dropping and photo-taking immediately ensues.
Mumbai: The Taj Mahal Palace, 2 nights
Since it opened in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai has created its own unique history. From Maharajas and Princes to various Kings, Presidents, CEOs and entertainers, the Taj has played the perfect host. The hotel is an architectural marvel and brings together Moorish, Oriental and Florentine styles. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India, the hotel is a gracious landmark of the city of Mumbai.
Varanasi: Taj Ganges, 1 night
The Taj Ganges is set amidst 40 acres of lush green gardens, Taj Ganges is the veritable haven of peace and tranquility in this ancient temple city. The hotel is constructed in the holy Swastik shape (The Swastika is an ancient symbol which re-presents good fortune and blessing). Taj Ganges offers recently renovated & refurbished world-class contemporary rooms & suites with choice of views ranging from the lush green gardens or the swimming pool.
Delhi: The Oberoi, 2 nights
Located in New Delhi, India’s capital city, The Oberoi, New Delhi reflects the city’s spirit in a harmonious blend of tradition and contemporary sophistication. Located close to the city center near business, commercial and shopping districts, the luxury hotel overlooks Delhi’s prestigious Golf Club on one side and the heritage site of Humayun’s Tomb on the other. Exquisite interiors, impeccable service and fine cuisine combine to make this the Capital’s most graceful and elegant hotel. The award winning hotel is ideal to explore the cultural wonders of Delhi.
Agra: The Oberoi Amar Vilas, 1 night
The Oberoi Amarvilas is located 600 meters from the Taj Mahal and all rooms, suites, lobby, bar and lounge offer breathtaking views of the monument. Built in a style inspired by Moorish and Mughal architecture, the resort is an incredible display of terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools and pavilions with rich interiors that take you back to an era of Emperors and Princes. An interlude at The Oberoi Amarvilas is truly unforgettable. Allow yourself to be swept away by Taj Mahal's romance at dusk. Let the nights be filled with the magic of the Taj by moonlight.
Jaipur: The Taj Rambagh Palace, 2 nights
In the finest tradition of Rajput hospitality, the Rambagh Palace offers its guests a taste of royal living – a luxury and extravagance that was once the sole preserve of kings. Its elegantly appointed rooms, marbled corridors and majestic gardens echo with history, and every corner has a story to tell.
It is no wonder why Rambagn Palace was voted best hotel in the world by the readers of Conde Nast.
Jodhpur:The Umaid Bhawan Palace, 2 nights
Perched high above the desert capital of Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace is the last of the great palaces of India and one of the largest residences in the world, set amidst 26 acres of lush gardens.
Designed by renowned Edwardian architect Henry Lanchester, the palace is a blend of eastern and western architectural influences. Its majestic 105-foot high cupola is influenced by the Renaissance, while the towers draw inspiration from Rajput tradition. The lavish interiors with gilt furniture and elegant artwork follow the Art Deco style, complemented by the exotic murals of the self-exiled Polish artist Stefan Norblin.
Udaipur: The Taj Lake Palace, 2 nights
The Taj Lake Palace, located in the middle of Lake Pichola is a dream of white marble and mosaic glistening in the moonlight. Set against the backdrop of the majestic Aravalli Mountains on one side of the lake, and lofty palaces on the other, the Taj Lake Palace spreads across a four-acre island – an almost surreal vision in marble. The Royal Butlers, descendents of the original palace retainers, look after all contemporary comforts and ensure that all guests are treated like Royalty.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Visas: Please note that travelers to India need to have a Indian Visa in advance of your trip in order to enter India. For more information, go to http://www.in.ckgs.us
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land onlyIntroductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Testimonials From Past Zoom India Vacations
Before offering a trip to the public, Zoom Vacations® visits the destination, surveying every hotel to find the right Accommodations, meeting and hiring the best guides, identifying the most interesting excursions, exploring the highest quality restaurants and shopping venues, and performing a run-through of the trip.
This time we brought along two Zoom Traveler guinea pigs, Bob and Willie, which allowed us to see first-hand how our travelers would respond to this trip. We Received the following emails from Bob and Willie just days after the trip.
The trip of a lifetime! India exceeded my highest expectations! From the sights to the food to the people to the sumptuous Accommodations – I couldn’t have planned a more memorable trip. There were so many highlights from the trip – I will just mention a few:
The Accommodations - were literally fit for a king (or a queen!) – there were days the only thing that got me out of those thousand thread count sheets was the gourmet breakfast spread awaiting me – and the service was impeccable – such as, the day Joel and I were poolside and we asked our waiter “do you have French fries?” - to which he replied “would you like French fries? I will get them for you!”. This was the kind of rock-star treatment we received throughout!
The people of India – so warm and welcoming – they seemed to be as genuinely fascinated with us as we were by them. I have traveled a bit and never before have I had that experience. Sharing a common language allowed us to be more than mere observers – we were able to interact and learn about Indian culture and the way of life in India. This made it a much richer and fulfilling travel experience.
The food – let’s just say this is the first time I ever gained weight on a vacation, and it was worth every pound!
The sights – the traffic, the temples, the Taj Mahal, riding an elephant, the clubs – words can’t do it justice - it has to be experienced!
I can’t wait to return! Thank you, Bryan and Joel, for making this happen. All of your thoughtful planning, coordination, and high standards made for an effortless trip on my part. I merely arrived at the airport and from there you both expertly handled everything - allowing me to fully appreciate every moment in India. Many, many thanks!
Bob, Chicago, IL
I wanted to send you a quick note to express how pleased I was with the Zoom India trip.The best way I can describe my travel experience with Zoom is, extraordinary.In all sincerity, India was an attack on the senses, but in a positive way.I remember the first time I stood at the gates of the Taj Mahal, and stared at it for a few minutes in total disbelief. I only believed it was real when I was able to feel the silkiness of the white marble of this magnificent mausoleum.
So many things to see and learn within a culture that seems to rush by you so quickly, that you can only take it all in if there is a group of people tending to your needs, taking care of the minutia and guiding you throughout your trip. Zoom Vacations® is there every step of the way!
India was life changing in many ways; the people, colors, food, smells and the sights.It seems you would need a life time to do it all; however, I did not have time on my side. But you guys figured out a way to gracefully expose your travelers to all the highlights and even the simplest of details that this wonderful country can offer. I literally look at my pictures from the trip every day!
I can't wait to go back to India….with a Zoom Vacations® group, of course!