Hyderabad · Jaipur · udaipur · leopard safari · jodhpur · delhi · agra
FEBRUARY 20 to MARCH 5, 2018 ITINERARY
14 DAYS from $12,999
India's beauty and diversity will enrich you with her culture, stun you with her modernity, embrace you with her warmth, and overwhelm you with her hospitality…
Our Zoom Vacation combines the ultimate luxury with seamless exploration of one of the world's most fascinating countries. You will stay in the absolute best hotels and palaces in Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Hyderabad, a leopard safari, and Jodhpur, including, among others the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, rated number 1 by TripAdvisor
Of course one of your highlights will be visiting the Taj Mahal. For centuries, the Taj Mahal has inspired poets, painters and musicians to try and capture its elusive magic in word, color and song. Since the 17th century, travelers have crossed continents to come and see this ultimate memorial to love; few have been unmoved by its incomparable beauty.
• Accommodations at the finest 5 star hotels and palaces in India
• Services of a Zoom Concierge throughout your trip. This trip is being hosted by Zoom Vacations co-owner Joel Cabrera
• Services of an accompanying English speaking local Indian tour guide for the entire duration of the itinerary
• Private arrival and departure airport transfers
• Buffet breakfast daily and lunch almost daily in exclusive forts, palaces and country settings
• Cocktail reception and welcome dinner
• Explore the beautiful Golconda Fort, The Chowmahalla Palace, Charminar, in Hyderabad.
• Sunset boat cruise at the placid water of Lake Pichola in Udaipur
• Game Drives, all meals, and luxury accommodations on our safari.
• Celebrate the festival of Holi at the grand Umaid Bhawan Palace with His Highness & Other members of the Royal family.
• Discover how Delhi evolved seven times under different rulers
• Rekindle your romance as you gaze at the monument of love - the Taj Mahal at Agra.
• Professionally guided tour of the 11th Century Qutab Minar Tower in Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate, Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, and other sites of interest in Delhi, including entrance fees
• Rickshaw ride through the streets and markets of Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of the Mahatma Ghandi Memorial in Delhi
• Professionally guided tour of the 16th Century abandoned city near Delhi, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the magnificent Red Fort in Agra, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the Taj Mahal in Agra, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the Jodhpur including entrance fees to the incredible sites in the Blue City
• Visit the magnificent Mehrangarh fort which dominates the town ringed with its massive protective walls
• Tour the ancient trading town of Osian
• Tour smaller villages near Jodhpur by camel
• Enjoy a sensational BBQ dinner in a camel camp in the dessert near Jodhpur, while enjoying local folk entertainment
• Professionally guided tour of Udaipur, known as the Venice of the East
• Private decorated boat cruise on Udaipur’s stunning Lake Pichola with views of old walled city, palaces and ancient temples
• Professionally guided tour of the City Palace and a private viewing of its Crystal Gallery (the largest in the world) in Udaipur, including entrance fees
• Professionally guided tour of the 11th Century ruins and the a 15th Century complex of 108 temples near Udaipur
• Farewell cocktails and evening event in Udaipur in a regal setting
• Professionally Guided shopping excursions. Find incredible rugs, beautiful textiles, hand-carved marble items, and more
• Much, much more! Contact us for more information
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 773.772.9666.
Gay Friendly, Luxury Accommodations
Taj Falaknuma Palace - Hyderabad (3 nights)
Perched 2,000 feet above the city of Hyderabad is Taj Falaknuma Palace, a jewel amongst the clouds. Built in 1894, it is the former palace of the Nizam, rumoured to be the richest man in the world at one time. Overlooking the twinkling City of Pearls, this enchanting palace exudes romance and grandeur that take one back to when the Nizam ruled Hyderabad.
From the moment you arrive at Taj Falaknuma Palace in a horse-drawn carriage, our palace butlers treat you like royalty. Walk the walk of kings through the Grand Staircase to retrace the steps of Nizams, European royalty, enchanting Begums and distinguished Heads of State. The five-star luxury hotel, spread over 32 acres, allows you to journey to the gilded ages, where opulence and excess is celebrated and savoured in equal measure.
Taj Rambagh Palace - Jaipur (2 nights)
Originally built in 1835, Rambagh Palace has stepped gracefully through many royal transitions—from the home of the queen’s favourite handmaiden, to royal guesthouse and hunting lodge, and later as the residence of the Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II and his queen, Maharani Gayatri Devi. Today, this jewel in the Taj’s crown offers 78 stunningly restored grand luxury rooms and suites which were the chambers of the former Maharaja.
The palace retains its elaborate splendour, extravagantly decorated with hand-carved marble ‘jalis’ or latticework, sandstone balustrades, cupolas and ‘chattris’ or cenotaphs, and elaborate Mughal Gardens. Within this most glorious of palaces showcasing the best of Rajasthan’s royal heritage, you also experience the best fine-dining restaurants in Jaipur.
Enjoy a royal Indian feast at Suvarna Mahal, the former palace ballroom built in the 18th-century French style with huge crystal chandeliers. For multi-cuisine options, head to Rajput Room, our all-day-dining restaurant, or Verandah Café. Find Mediterranean delights at the lounge bar, Steam, or unwind in the sophisticated charm of the Polo Bar, with the trophies and memorabilia of the Jaipur polo team on display.
Take your royal retreat a notch further by indulging in signature treatments at the Jiva Grande Spa, where we envelop you in ancient Indian wellness therapies. Harmonise your mind and body with yoga and meditation.
With the exquisite palace offering a scenic backdrop, our large selection of indoor and outdoor venues along with the Sawai Man Singh Function Centre are ideal for royal destination weddings and business events in Jaipur. Complemented by the craft of our master chefs and impeccable service, the luxury palace offers the perfect package for once-in-a-lifetime celebrations.
Over the years, it has played gracious host to several illustrious guests, such as Lord Louis Mountbatten, Prince Charles and Jacqueline Kennedy. We invite you to experience, like they have, the finest traditions of Rajput hospitality.
The Taj Lake Palace, Grand Heritage Lake - Udaipur (2 nights)
After the young prince, Maharana Jagat Singh II of Udaipur, was caught frolicking at moonlight picnics with ladies of the ‘zenana ( the private chambers of the court ) ’, he built his own pleasure palace on Lake Pichola. The Maharana ( ruler ) called this palace which he built in 1746, Jag Niwas. Jag Niwas is today the majestic andmagnificentTaj Lake Palace of Udaipur.
Restored to its pristine glory, this spectacular palace became world renownedwhen the James Bond film ‘Octopussy’ was filmed at it. Itwas the secluded lair of the film’s eponymous Bond Girl. This heritage hotel has66 luxurious rooms and 17 grand suites. Its location on an island in the midst of a lake affords every room breathtaking views of the neighboring City Palace, Aravalli Hills, Machla Magra Hills and Jag Mandir.
The incomparable location provides the perfect backdrop for theexquisite cuisines at the elegantrestaurants of Taj Lake Palace. These areopen only to resident guests. Signature speciality restaurants at this palace serves a choice of cuisines. Neel Kamal for authentic Rajasthaniand other dishes from India; andthe seasonally open-air Bhairo for contemporary European delicacies. In the evening, indulge in signature martinis, cocktails and a grand collection of premium international spirits at thebar, Amrit Sagar.
Continue your being pampered as a royal at Jiva Spa, with aspa boatexperience like no other. Carefully created treatments draw on the ancient wellness heritage of India, and the fabled lifestyle and savoir vivreof Indian royalty.
Jawai Camp - Jawai (2 nights)
At the heart of an untrammeled wilderness, where leopards roam wild and free, is SUJÁN’s JAWAI. Designed by the owners, Anjali and Jaisal Singh, JAWAI represents a style that combines subtle opulence with abundant adventure. Staying true to our goals for conservation without compromising comfort, the camp has ‘9 luxurious tents including one royal suite’, each with oodles of space and privacy that rest encapsulated in a landscape of towering granite formations, caves, kopjes, Anogeissus scrub and winding sand riverbeds.
The vibrant Rabari herdsmen who have shared this land with wildlife for centuries endorse the organic and continuing link between local culture and wildlife. This is a relationship that SUJÁN is deeply committed to nurturing in the face of rapid change, as a means of fulfilling our commitment to conservation, to cultures and wildlife. It is these experiences that we are proud and delighted to share with guests at JAWAI.
Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace - Jodhpur (2 nights)
Perched high above the desert capital of Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Palace is the last of the great palaces of India and one of the largest residences in the world, set amidst 26 acres of lush gardens.
Designed by renowned Edwardian architect Henry Lanchester, the palace is a blend of eastern and western architectural influences. Its majestic 105-foot high cupola is influenced by the Renaissance, while the towers draw inspiration from Rajput tradition. The lavish interiors with gilt furniture and elegant artwork follow the Art Deco style, complemented by the exotic murals of the self-exiled Polish artist Stefan Norblin.
The Taj Palace - Delhi (3 nights)
The luxurious Taj Palace, New Delhi, is spread out over six acres of lush gardens in the heart of India’s capital city. It is an oasis of calm while still being right in the middle of the city’s action. Not surprisingly, then that our 403 rooms and suites have played gracious host to princes, heads of state, corporate czars and high-powered conferences and the grandest of weddings for close to four decades.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. However, Zoom Vacations will arrange all necessary internal flights.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank visa pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Note: Passport pages titled "Endorsement Pages" are not visa pages.
Visas: Please note that travelers to India need to have a Indian Visa in advance of your trip in order to enter India. For more information, click here.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
For more information on entry and exit requirements, see here.