Gay friendly Guatemala has a history of re-discovery and re-invention and as a result, modern-day Guatemala is a fascinating collage of cultures: full-blood Mayan people, the descendants of mixed unions between the Maya and the Spanish colonizers, the Afro-Antillean ancestry of the Garifuna people who settled in the Caribbean coast of Central America from the Caribbean islands about three centuries ago, and all the way down to the European immigrants from Germany, England, Italy and beyond.
Sociologically, it’s a unique blend that gives the country a special imprint, a mix of urban sophistication, fine gastronomy, outstanding arts and crafts and textiles, and exotic indigenous customs. These and other cultural traits transcend the early Maya, the days of the conquistadors, the colonial era and the pre- and post-war immigration patterns of the 20th century.
Lending more shades to this cultural mosaic is the eco-diversity of this fascinating destination, with its eclectic mix of mountains, volcanoes, scenic coasts, rivers and lakes. In short, Guatemala offers gay travelers an exotic experience coupled with a geographical sense of a faraway place just a few hours from home—the ultimate vacation destination.
Zoom Vacations®' exploration of Guatemala gives you the best of this incredible destination! Visit unbelievable ancient ruins, explore the romantic city of Antigua, taste some of the world's best cuisine, and more! Like always, this trip features enough free time to relax and do your own thing!
• Fully escorted with the services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip
• Welcome dinner at Guatemala City's finest authentic restaurant. Cuisine so good, you'll search for its equivalent back home (but it's only in Guatemala!)
• 5 nights Accommodations at Guatemala's finest 5 star and boutique properties (based on double occupancy)
• A hearty buffet breakfast daily
• Private expert guided tour of the ruins of Tikal
• Guided gay nightlife tour of Guatemala City
• Guided tour of Mayan history plus the sensational modern day presidential palace in Guatemala City
• Volcano trekking excursion. Watch results of recent eruptions and the volcano smoking
• Private, expert guided tour of Antigua
• Guided gay nightlife tour of Antigua
• Airport transfers
• All private transfers to Zoom Vacations® excursions
• A Farewell cocktail event in the beautiful city of Antigua
• Guatemala gay guide, complete with information on nightlife, restaurants, shopping, and much more
• Optional Xaxha Ruins Excursion
• All this and more . . . Exclusively for Zoom Vacations® travelers
• Optional post tour to Costa Rica from April 30 to May 5, 2011. Click here for more information!
• Plus, you may add extra nights at either end of this vacation, if you wish to extend your stay!
Luxury Gay Friendly Accommodations:
This tour include stays at Guatemala's most luxurious 5 star Accommodations in Antigua, Tikal, and Guatemala City.
• Guatemala City: Westin Camino Real, 5 Stars
Located int the heart of Guatemala City's shopping and entertainment district, The Westin Camino Real is a stylish hotel featuring a classic European décor. Offering a variety of services to make your stay more relaxing, guests will leave the Westin Camino Real, Guatemala feeling refreshed and reinvigorated. Spend the day by our outdoor heated pool, or renew your body and mind in their state-of-the-art fitness center
• Antigua: Posada del Angel, Boutique
Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper Hideaway Report, is recognized worldwide not only by its high quality and first class service, but also for its illustrious guests such as:
Bill Clinton, Former President of the United States; HRH Prince Alexander Prinz von Sachsen of Saxe-Gessaphe and his wife Princess Gisela of Bavaria; Pierre Trudeau, Former Prime Minister of Canada; Francisco Flores, Former President of El Salvador; Alvaro Arzu, Former President of Guatemala, among others.
Air: Airfare not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land onlyIntroductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.
Testimonial From a Past Zoom Guatemala Vacations
We had a wonderful time, and look forward to another Zoom vacation. Tikal, Antigua and Guatemala were more impressive than we imagined them to be…….we can’t stop talking and retelling stories about last week.
Kip and Neil, Chicago: May, 2007
We had a wonderful time. I truly can't imagine a more magical trip. I've given your name and web address to a number of people, so hopefully we can send a little business your way.
I've sent some pictures of us at the ruins [Ruins of Tikal in Guatemala]. I thought they'd be great, but I truly feel like they're something everyone needs to see at some point in their lifetime... just to put things in perspective.
Colby, Philadelphia: February, 2007
Many thanks for creating such a memorable experience. Our trip to
Guatemala was a perfect blend of activities that made the whole thing truly enjoyable! Their planning and extensive connections gave us the opportunity to experience things you may not see anywhere else, and the quality of the Accommodations, tour guides, and activities on the trip is beyond compare! These trips will leave you wanting to plan your next Zoom vacation before your first one is even over.
Jason, Washington, DC: Zoom Guatemala 2006
I wanted to say thanks so much for making a fun and memorable trip. I could never have imagined that a trip to Guatemala could be so enjoyable. It was the perfect blend of gay socializing and must-see touring.
Jerry, New Jersey: Zoom Guatemala 2006
I wanted to tell you that the trip to Guatemala was terrific. Thanks for all the work that you all put into planning it. After seeing a few more new places, I can definitely see going back