MARCH 12-19, 2016
NOTE OUR DECEMBER 28, 2015 to JANUARY 2, 2016 TOUR IS SOLD OUT
Six days From $5999
Cuba has long captured the interest of gay travelers. Perhaps it is the old cars that traverse its streets, or its famous music, or unique cuisine. Others may recall the writings by Reinaldo Arenas, the self-exiled gay author whose well known work, Before Night Falls (and Julian Schnabel's subsequent film of the same name), who described so patiently the repressive experiences that gays endured during the first two decades of the revolution.
Or, perhaps it is because we've been told for so many years that we cannot go, and gay people do not like being told we can't do something! The fact is, you CAN go to Cuba LEGALLY.
Zoom Vacations and guests experienced Cuba twice in recent years, legally and with U.S. permission. For some time now, Zoom Vacations guests have been asking for a follow-up trip to our past two trips to Cuba.
This time we wanted to do something extra special, and what better time to be in Cuba than over New Years and welcoming a new beginning of cross cultural, political, and economic exchange?
Recent changes in diplomatic relations between the U.S. and Cuba are sure to thaw the political tension and economic sanctions that have frozen the island in time, circa 1959. When that time comes, and it will be soon, the Cuba of today will be forever changed. Many will be able to travel to Cuba after the change, but only a lucky few are able to travel to Cuba legally now to experience this unique culture under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Treasury's special People to People Cultural Exchange License, designed to educate and create understanding of both countries.
Zoom Vacations is proud to partner with one of the experts in the field of legal travel to Cuba in sponsoring a people-to-people trip to that island. Zoom Vacations Cuba New Years guests will travel on nonstop service from Miami to Havana on a U.S. carrier charter jet, and experience all the art, culinary and culture Cuba has to offer, as well as ring in 2016 at a special New Year's eve dinner and celebration in the historic Old Havana Cathedral Square. Most importantly, we wil be meeting the Cuban people, interchanging ideas, and experiencing Cuban culture. New Years in the Cuba of today is a once in a lifetime experience that cannot wait until tomorrow. Space is limited. So, be part of it!
Note: This is exclusive group, escorted by Zoom Vacations and limited to a small number of guests
• Fully escorted with the services of a Zoom Vacations® Concierge throughout the trip
• Superior accommodations at the centrally located 5 Star Melia Cohiba Hotel in Havana
• Expert Cuban guide
• All meals while in Cuba, except for two paladar evening dining experiences on your own
• US Department of the Treasury license and People to People license holder letter of authorization
• Cuban Visa processing
• All entrance fees to scheduled activities
• All in-country ground transportation in a luxury motor coach including airport transfers with private driver
• Travel health insurance, emergency medical evacuation, and trip cancellation coverage (up to $1,000)
• Cuba travel guidebook
• 24 hour emergency customer service hotline
• Welcome dinner
• Daily breakfasts and lunch
• New Years eve dinner event in Havana.
• Ring in 2016 in the historic Old Havana Cathedral Square
• Enjoy a walking tour of historic Old Havana
• Private visit to the recording studio, where famous musicians, including Nat King Cole and the Buena Vista Social Club, recorded some of their best music in Havana
• Join Cuban musicians at the famous jazz club La Zorra y El Cuervo for a private gathering in Havana for a musical interchange, and who knows, maybe even a jam session.
• Meet with an art specialist for an incredible private tour of Havana’s Museum of Fine Arts
• Visit one of the city’s most beautiful churches in the Regla neighborhood, just across Havana Harbor
• Visit to a remarkable community project that has created colorful murals from old facades and built public parks and artworks
• Lunch at a paladar in Cojimar, the setting for Hemingway’s Old Man and the Sea
• Private performance by an internationally known choral group.
• Visit the studio and meet renowned artist, Jose Fuster, known as the Picasso of the Caribbean.
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 773.772.9666.
Legality: Our itinerary complies with OFAC people-to-people travel licensing regulations.
Air: International and domestic airfare not included. Airfare between Miami and Cuba is additional, and will be arranged by Zoom Vacations on your behalf. Please arrive in Miami at least one day before our scheduled departure, as our flight checkin is at 5:00 AM.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Visas and Cuba travel documents: Please note that currently U.S. citizens must have a U.S. Department of the Treasury license and People to People License holder letter of authorization to depart the U.S. from Miami and a Cuban Visa to enter Cuba.
Zoom Vacations will assist with securing these documents and Cuban visa, on your behalf, which are included in the tour package price.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.