February 24 - March 3, 2019
EIGHT DAYS From $14255
From Bucket List to Beyond...
At the other end of the world, the Antarctic Peninsula is a study in contrasts. You sail into iceberg-filled bays and along rugged coasts, visiting penguin rookeries and abandoned whaling stations. Setting foot on the 7th continent, crossing the Antarctic Circle or following in the footsteps of early explorers like Sir Ernest Shackleton are travel feats few can lay claim to.
In the Antarctic, where you go really depends on how much time you have. Crossing the Drake Passage is first on the agenda. While most companies have you sail its sea-sickness inducing, notoriously rough waters, that isn’t how we do things at Zoom Vacations. We take this wild card out of the equation, by flying over the Drake Passage.
This shaves o a little time, so you can make the most of every minute. We can get you kayaking the bays, cruising around icebergs and camping out under the Antarctic night sky in next to no time.
• All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
• TV and safe in every cabin
• Individual temperature controls
• Electrical supply: 220v
• Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
• One dining room with unreserved seating
• Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
• Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
• Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
• Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
• Pool & sauna
• Spa facilities and wellness program
• Lecture theatre
• Polar Boutique
• Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
• Zodiac Cruising (included)
• Kayaking (additional charge)
• Camping (additional charge)
• Standup Paddleboarding (additional charge)
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among the fastest ships in Antarctica, it will also be one of the finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
Built for Polar Expeditions
•World Explorer delivers the contemporary accommodations and exceptional service of premium hotels to guests in the world’s most remote region, Antarctica. Currently under construction in Portugal, this ship is engineered with guest enjoyment of our uniquely active and immersive polar expeditions in mind.
•World Explorer will be an environmentally friendly polar expedition ship, incorporating advanced marine technology with a fuel-efficient Rolls Royce Diesel Electric engine.
World Class Service
•Exceptional cuisine and friendly, attentive service by uniformed onboard staff elevate expedition dining to a memorable experience.
Comfortable All Suites, All Balcony Accommodations
•Spacious suites designed to meet the unique needs of polar travelers offer a welcoming sanctuary with private Antarctic and ocean views. A heated outdoor swimming pool, gym and spa, and outdoor running track help guests unwind after each exploratory experience.
•World Explorer also maximizes the off-ship experience with plenty of activities. Sea kayaking, camping and stand-up paddle boarding each provide an interesting new vantage point from which to experience the wonder of the 7thcontinent.
Buenos Aires Add-on Highlights:
• Welcome cocktail party
• All-inclusive dinner and tango show
• 4 Nights, in the most glamorous 5 Star Hotel in Buenos Aires
• Roundtrip airport transfers to Iguacu Falls
• Delicious Buffet Breakfast daily
• City tour with professional guide
• Pride Parade! Watch the parade amongst old and new friends made on the trip, from one of the prime spots on the route.
• San Telmo Sunday Flea Market Shopping Spree (at your own expense)
• Gay nightlife tours
• Optional excursions to an upscale men-only spa, an estancia outside Buenos Aires, and more!
In Iguacu Falls:
• 2 Nights, 5 star Accommodations in Iguacu Falls
• Welcome Cocktails, with commanding Falls views
• Iguacu Falls tour with professional guide
• High Speed Iguacu Falls boat tour, which takes you right to the base of the Falls. This is a beautiful, breathtaking experience
• Optional biking, hiking, jungle, and helicopter tours
Space is limited. Call us today to book this tour: 773.772.9666.
Gay Friendly, Luxury Accommodations
Enjoy this 5 star masterpiece in the heart of Puerto Madero. Your room is a space of minimal old-world elegance perched above Buenos Aires’ most dynamic neighborhood. Escape the busy city with pure white Empire-style furnishing that create a stylish oasis. Or bring the tango to your suite through your Dolby home entertainment center. Glass fitted bathrooms with marble floors and separate walk-in showers are stunning additions to each suite. You can expect custom linens, down comforters and artisanal bed throws to be draped over your bed.
Relax on a deck chair, at a table or a booth, and take in the spectacle of one of Buenos Aires’ most spectacular pools. Enjoy a selection of fresh fruit juice and exotic poolside cocktails, and enjoy the serenity. Or make your way to the Library Lounge, be it for a morning coffee, a healthy lunch, or a quiet spot to read. Overstuffed velvet sofas, sumptuous oriental rugs, and crystal candelabras create an elegant and perfectly intimate space.
Sheraton Iguazu Falls
This 5 star property is conveniently located on the Argentinean side of Iguazu Falls, which are within walking distance of the hotel and face the Devil’s Gorge. This three-story resort is the only hotel with amazingly clear views of the magnificent Iguazu Falls. One can not appreciate the grandiosity of the falls until you see them in person. Truly stunning!
Air: International and domestic airfare not included.
Passports: Your valid passport should have at least two blank visa pages and should be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from the country you are visiting.
Note: Passport pages titled "Endorsement Pages" are not visa pages.
Visas: Please note that currently US citizens must have an Argentine Visa to enter Argentina. If you are not a US citizen, please contact your nearest Argentine Consulate to determine your visa requirements.
While Zoom Vacations will assist when possible, please note that passport, visa, and vaccination requirements vary from country to country and are the sole responsibility of the traveler. If you are a US resident, you may click here for more information on passport, visa, and vaccination requirements for various countries.
*Land only Introductory rate, based on double occupancy. Prices are subject to change. Need a roommate? Zoom Vacations® is happy to match you with someone, at no additional charge. Or, you may pay a single supplement and go as a single.
Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking.